Saturday 30 March 2013

A visa for Pakistan

I am applying for a visa for travel to Pakistan in May. I am going because I want to film the remarkable processes which go into the making of the cloth that I use in my coats. It will be the 6th time I have been to Pakistan and each time the tourist visa requirements get more and more outlandish. I suppose this is in reaction to increasingly stringent UK border controls, so the process gives you some idea of what it is like applying for a UK visa if you are a Pakistani. Anyway, here are some of the requirements and questions: Blood Group, mother's place of birth, distinguishing mark, religion, previous employer's contact details, every foreign country you have visited in the last two years, the dates and where you stayed, a day by day itinerary for your trip in Pakistan, a photo copy of your passport, 4 passport photos, a letter of support from your employer, a letter of invitation from a sponsor, scans of your sponsor's ID card, an up to date utility bill, bank statements for the past two months...



No comments:

Post a Comment